If at some point you have bought a new phone and have wanted to change all the information of WhatsApp you had from your old phone to the new one, surely you have realized how difficult it is to make a complete transfer of your data same on WhatsApp. This is already difficult even if you have a phone of the same brand, but it is even more difficult if you switch from an Android to an iPhone.
Today we are going to show you how you can easily transfer your WhatsApp chats and documents from Android to iPhone with two different apps: Dr.Fone and PhoneTrans, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Get ready to perform a complete transfer of your WhatsApp with these two apps!
Method 1 – Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS with Wondershare Dr.Fone
Wondershare dr.fone is one of the most widely used apps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone for free 2022. It has helped many users to migrate their chats smoothly, and besides, this type of apps can help you do many other things. , how to know if you have been blocked on WhatsApp or how to hide a WhatsApp contact. To transfer your WhatsApp from Android to iOS with this application, then, you must follow a process that is divided into two parts:
Part 1 – Backup WhatsApp messages from Android to PC or Mac
The process includes two parts where you will first have to backup the data on your PC with dr.fone and then restore it to your iOS device.
The first part, then, works as follows:
- Connect your Android phone from which you intend to transfer your WhatsApp data to your PC. Now, select the option that says “Whatsapp Messages Backup” to start the backup process.
- After your PC detects your Android phone, it will start the process and you will have to follow all the prompts displayed there.
- You will be prompted to change WhatsApp backup settings in your settings. Go to the Settings > Chats > Chat Backup section. Next, select the “Never” tab to back up to Google Drive. Then click BACKUP. Then tap ‘Next’ on dr.fone.
- Now, another prompt will be displayed on your Android device. Tap install and if you don’t see the prompt, tap “show again” in the dr.fone app.
- Now, check and restore your WhatsApp messages on Android once again as shown below.
- After this, the backup process will be finished and you can check your backup by clicking “View”.
Part 2 – Restore WhatsApp backup from PC or Mac to your iPhone
When you have the backup saved on your PC or Mac, the process to restore it works as follows:
- Connect your new iOS device to which you want to transfer your WhatsApp chats. Then tap on the “Restore to Device” option to start the restore process. You will then see a list of backups where you can select the recent WhatsApp backup file, select it and click “Next”.
- In the new window, click the “Restore” button, and the tool will start restoring all your data from the backup.
- Wait for the process to finish. When it reaches 100%, WhatsApp data has been successfully transferred to your iPhone.
Method 2 – Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with PhoneTrans
The second of the methods that we present if you want to know how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone is another application called PhoneTrans. This app helps you transfer WhatsApp messages and other attachments from Android to iPhone, and also allows you to transfer other social media apps like Line or Viber. To make your data transfer with PhoneTrans, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Download and install PhoneTrans on your PC or Mac and connect your Android and iPhone.
- Click “App Transfer” on the left menu and select WhatsApp.
- Click “Start Transfer.”
- On the new screen check the source and destination device: the first should be your Android device, and the second your iPhone. If everything is correct, click on “Transfer”, and, on the next screen, click on “Transfer now”.
- Now follow all the steps mentioned on the screen which will also include backing up your WhatsApp chats to your Android device. For this you must allow PhneTrans to install an improved version of WhatsApp on your smartphone. Finally, click ‘Restore’ and wait for the process to finish.
- Once the process is complete, all your WhatsApp chats from your Android will be transferred to your iPhone.